Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The dynamic environment has necessitated the institution to establish and institutionalize a quality assurance system with a view to plan, implement and monitor the strategies/activities to drive the Institution towards continuous improvement in academic and administrative matters. The flow of activities normally initiated to ensure continuous improvement in academic
REPORT ON WORKSHOP “ENTREPRENEUR SKILLS”
IQAC Cell of GSS Jain College organized a workshop on Entrepreneurial skill for the students on 23rd August 2019. Mr.Kamaludeen, Blue Bharath EXIM Pvt Ltd., – Managing Director & B-Accuracy Infotech-Managing Partner and CEO was the Guest Speaker of the programme. Initially the guest inaugurated the ED Bazaar and encouraged the students to start their own business. The speaker gave a clear dimension about Graduate to corporate, Corporate to Entrepreneur and also Entrepreneur to International business.
The speaker further added some information on global scenario of entrepreneurship, more globally, governments across the world are increasingly recognizing the positive impact that the creation of new businesses can have on employment levels, as well as the competitive advantages that small firms can bring to the marketplace. Moreover, while entrepreneurship provides benefits in terms of social and economic growth, it also offers benefits in terms of individual fulfilment, with entrepreneurship now breaking through the barriers of class, age, gender, sexual orientation, and race. At the end of the workshop, the students were awarded with “Best Entrepreneur 2019” award for the students. The Chief Guest awarded the following awardees
The IQAC organizes Parent-Teacher Meet for students of all courses. There was good response from the parents. The parents were updated about the progress and performance of their wards relating to attendance, academics, general conduct and discipline and participation in various college activities. Proper counseling was given to Parents and Students who lack attendance and who are slow learners.
|S. No.||Name of the Participant||Class/Department|
|1||Lekha Jain||III B.Com|
|6||Prachi B||III BBA|
|7||Anchal S||III BBA|
REPORT ON NATIONAL SEMINAR ON QUALITY ENHANCEMENT AND SUSTENANCE
The Internal quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of GSS Jain College organized a National Seminar on “Quality Enhancement and Sustenance” on Friday, 6th September 2019. Welcome address was offered by Dr.M.K. Malathi, Principal to the gathering. Special address was delivered by the Secretary Er.E.P.Gautam Vaid, in his speech, he rightly pointed out that the quality is excellence, perfection and standards.
The seminar was inaugurated by Dr.V.Kanagasabai, Vice-Chancellor, Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai. . In his inaugural speech, he spoke about the role of IQAC to improve quality in Educational Institutions. His talk covered a wide range of innovative and best practices through which the institution can transform the education system towards quality enhancement and sustenance. He has also spoken on the quality indicator frame work. In his concluding remarks, he touched upon the barriers to quality achievement and remedies. After inauguration, students from various colleges and Universities participated and presented the papers in technical sessions I & II.
Details of technical sessions
Technical Session -I
Theme : Teacher-student role towards quality enhancement and sustenance
Dr. Kurian Joseph
Internal Quality Assurance Cell,
Professor, Centre for Environmental Studies, College of Engineering,
Guest of Honour
Assistant Professor & Head of the Department,
Department of Education,
Government institute of Advanced Study in Education,
Technical Session -II
Theme : Quality Sustenance – Challenges & Solutions
Dr. Rupashree Baral,
Department of Management Studies,
Indian Institute of Technology,
List of Colleges Participatd in the seminar
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Bishop Herber College, Tiruchirappalli
- Anna University B.I.T. Campus, Tiruchy-24
- Vel Tech Ranga Sangu Arts College
- Loyola College Of Education
- Srm Ist Ramapuram, Chennai
- D.G Vaishnav College
- Gss Jain College For Women
- Gss Jain College, Nallur,603109
- S.D.N.B. Vaishnav College For Women
- S.I.V.E.T College, Gowrivakkam
- Avichi College Of Arts And Science, Vadapalani
- Sri Kanyaka Parmeswari Arts And Science College For Women
- Bharathidasan School Of Management, Bharathidasan University, Trichy
- Ims Proschool,Chennai
- Kaliabor College, Assam
- Tiruchy Law College, Tiruchirapalli
- Measi Institute Of Information Technology
- Asi Shankara Institute Of Engineering And Technology
|S. No.||Name of the Participant||Class & Department||College|
|III B.Com||BHARATHIDASAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, BHARATHIDASAN UNIVERSITY, TRICHY|
|PGPMA (Commerce)||IMS PROSCHOOL,CHENNAI|
|BCA||HRIMATHI DEVKUNVAR NANALAL BHATT VAISHNAV COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, CHROMEPET|
|B.COM||SRI KANYAKA PARMESWARI ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE FOR WOMEN|
|MBA||D.G VAISHNAV COLLEGE|
|GSS JAIN COLLEGE FOR WOMEN|
As a part of IQAC activity, Academic audit was conducted by the departments with the objective of enhancing the quality in higher education and to assess the status of the department in meeting the quality norms in teaching and learning
SCHEDULE OF ACADEMIC AUDIT
|S.No.||Department||Date of Audit|
|1.||B.com, B.com (A&F) B.com (CS) (Shift – I)||30/09/2019|
|2.||B.Sc & BCA||25/10/2019|
|3.||BBA & B.Com (ISM)||08/11/2019|
|4.||B.com, B.com (A&F) B.com (CS) (Shift – II)||17/10/2019|
The Energy Audit for GSS Jain College was conducted on 11/11/19 @11.00am with external audit team for the purpose of assessing present pattern of energy consumption & measures of energy conservation.
The present Energy consumption pattern of Institute was identified and suitable Energy conservation measures are included to minimize the power consumption
The energy audit committee gave their valuable suggestions and recommendations for the conserving the energy26/09/2019
GREEN AUDIT REPORT – 26.9.2019
ISSUES DISCUSSED IN MEETING
- Various Days Observed (National Tree day, World soil day, World Ozone day, World nature conservation day, World forest day, World Environment day)
- Innovative Planting Methodologies(like growing the plants without soil) \
- Planting Tree saplings in slums, schools, orphanages, temples.
- Pamphlet distributions to general public to create awareness about environmental issues.
- Various Gss Enviro Club activities
- Student’s Participation in keeping the environment clean and green
- Green projects
- Specific course about solid waste management conducted by University of Madras
Make the campus plastic free
Plants have been kept in all the floors in the campus
OBSERVATIONS AND FINDINGS
- The Rest rooms and the campus have to be cleaned as many times possible to avoid infection
- Students should be given responsibility to grow more plants and trees.
- Green projects (Growing tree saplings and cultivating herbal plants, solid waste management and vermicompost at home) can be allotted to the students
SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Ban plastic bottles usage in the canteen
- Non-Plastic bags can be used by the students
- Recycling of water can be done in the campus
- Students can be motivated to grow tree saplings and herbal plants
- Students can be asked to learn more about solid waste management and vermicompost.
- More awareness programmes can be conducted to identify how to segregate bio-degradable and Non bio-degradable wastes.
ACTION TAKEN REPORT AFTER THE MEETING
- To entrust responsibility to students to maintain green campus.
- To entrust responsibility to students to maintain a cleanliness register monitored by the Enviro club
FUTURE COURSE ACTION BY THE GSS ENVIRO CLUB
- To give awareness about health and Hygiene practices
- To Enforce ban on plastics strictly inside the campus
- To create a eco friendly campus
- To do recycling of water.